Don't use Audio
So you're an up and coming creator, professional, crafts-person, what have you. In that case, either you offer abundant value to other people or you are in the process of getting there.
To reach an audience and market your skills or wares, you've decided to leverage the internet – the ultimate amplifier. Whatever you do, don't use audio!
DO NOT record yourself talking and put it out there for everyone to hear. Alright, even if you somehow break this rule, ensure that it is never repeated over and again.
Do not use audio to share your thoughts! This is the only way to remain assured that:
- people will not notice you; their attention will wander elsewhere
- your thoughts, ideas, plans and motivations will not become mainstream
- people don't consume your content while they are going about their daily lives; they must either pay complete attention to your words or skip it altogether
- your message will stay buried under a lot of stuff that's already out there, never to reach prominence
- you don't end up cultivating a network of connections merely by making content
- others looking for people with your skill-set will never reach out and connect with you; they shouldn't know any better right?
- Folks who are trying to learn similar skills will continue to have no clue where to begin
- Some will never find any example suitable for emulation and they will ultimately resign to the conclusion that it is not doable
- Those not persuaded by reading your written content will remain skeptical and pessimistic
Stay away from audio unless you want to disturb these comfortable certainties that we have grown accustomed to for ages.